Digital and online businesses evolved a lot since the last few years. Developments such as artificial intelligence ( AI ),digital wallets, analytics, customization and mobile are aspects that played a huge role in the nature of the recent e-commerce evolution.
But keep in mind you will need to chose your E-commerce platform based on your unique business model and needs. We listed below the 7 best E-commerce platforms in 2018 :
There is no doubt this is the platform that comes in top of the list. A wide number of online businesses worldwide are using Shopify for the list of impressive features it offers. Some features such as mobile shopping and social commerce keep getting in popularity. This Canadian-based company was formed in 2004 and didn’t stop growing over the last few years.
- Amazing list of features and a huge library of applications
- Very intuitive to setup your store
- You can synchronize your shopify to your Facebook page and turn it into an e-commerce store
- You have to pay a fee if you don’t plan to use the integrated Shopify payment system
- The free templates sometimes have their limits or flaws and you might have to hire a developer for extra customization
- Monthly paid subscription needed for some interesting applications
Magento is one of the best E-commerce platforms. Known for its reliability and scalability, Magento will require you to hire an expert team of programmers since it is an open source platform.
- Extremely reliable
- Perfectly scalable
- Free for the basic version but $20,000 a year for the entreprise version ( wich can be considered expansive for tight budgets)
- Will require you to have a budget for the development team
With 50,000 and more online stores, Big commerce is one of the most modern E-commerce software solution providers. Huge brands already have their sites built with this platform.
- Very user friendly and intuitive
- Impressive list of features
- Easy to manage as a store owner
- Lacks support functionalities that other E-commerce platforms provide
- Limited amount of free themes
Designed for startups and Smbs, Yokart includes a set of features that will help in building sites such as eBay, Etsy, or even Amazon. This is best option for building sites that can host multiple vendors.
- Offers a lot of features, such as in-built analytics tools, discount coupon management or payment gateways
- Customization will require PHP knowledge or hiring a developer
VTEX merchandise value was around 1.7 billion 2 years ago. Giants leading names such as Whirlpool, L’oreal, Staples, Sony, Walmart, Coca-Cola are part of their client list. This cloud-based Brazilian E-commerce platform had evolved a lot since its launch.
- Free checkout
- Expansive for small or medium business size
- Huge maintenance fee
Custom design makes a huge difference when working with E-commerce stores and TicTail provides you exactly that. If is an excellent platform if you plan to launch localy with the intention to go global later.
- ease of use
- Good community support
- Not adapted for large businesses
It is a popular name in the world of E-commerce. As a matter of fact, WooCommerce one of the WordPress plugins.
- Free shopping cart and secure payment gateway
- Easy to implement
- Feature integrations requires additional investment
- Can be unstable
- Not suited for scalability
Depending on your business requirements you will be able to chose among those 7 E-commerce platforms. Your business model, size and goals will define which platform is best suited to operate. Make a methodical choice because your business sucess will depend on it!